Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Electioneering

Hulloooooooo.

I'm back again with another serious post, this time about the impending local elections.
I have only just gone and looked at the official candidates list, and it appears that in my ward (Gabalfa) there are 2 each from: Labour; the Lib Dems; The Conservatives & Plaid, and one from the Green party. This leaves me with the dilemma of having no protest vote or independent to vote for. I also cannot fathom what any of them stand for:

  • From Labour and the Lib Dem's escalating war of leaflets, I gather that both of them stand for opposing each other and telling me that I must vote for them to keep the other out.
  • From Plaid, the Conservatives and the Greens, we have no information at all (well, the Conservative may have popped some drivel through the door a few weeks ago, but I've forgotten what it said), but Plaid have a standing policy of trying to force Welsh down my throat and The Greens are opposed to nuclear power and western civilisation in general.
I also can't truly gauge the mood of the neighbourhood; a quick scan of the street has: 1 house voting Lib Dem; 1 Conservative; 1 Green; 1 voting Labour who have managed to put a sign up in their neighbour's garden too; no-one voting Plaid; and several people voting for a variety of estate agents.

On another note: Gerard for the win in Ely!

No comments: